Monday, May 28, 2012

Kyra’s vacation

Here comes another contest blog.
This fictious entry is written for the Lakme sun expert contest held by Indiblogger.


I am very happy today. I need not work for the next 2 weeks. I have not received such a long vacation since I joined St. Stephens. This time, I am planning to spend my vacation with Kyra. I need to get permission from her mom before I plan for something. She is a mommy’s girl and would not like to go against her wish.

When I was in Anna University, I used to spend a lot of time with Kyra. But , as I had to move to Delhi, I do not get to spend much time with her. I call her and see her on the webcam pretty often but I have never taken her out. In fact, I never had the time to take her out. I have all the time in the world now and I want to make Kyra happy. I still remember her sad face, when I told her that I have to move to Delhi. She cried and shouted, “I hate you”, but then my career was my first love.

Kyra loves the beaches. She loves to play beach volleyball and also loves to swim. She also loves to hang out with her friends. So, I need to plan something which will make her and her friends happy. Something to do with the outdoors. She isn’t the kind of girl who loves shopping and board games. But, she is always worried about getting sun burns. The same is the case with her friends. These beauty conscious girls are scared to go out in the sun because of this. But, then I need not worry about it now. I know about Lakme sun expert. It would save her from those sun burns. It comes with SPF 50 which will safe guard her against the scorching Chennai heat. The cucumber and lemon grass sunscreen which comes with SPF 24 can help her with the limited time that we roam around. I have heard some of the girls in St. Stephens talking about the texture and fragrance of this sunscreen and I bet that it must be good. The girls who spoke good things about the sunscreen aren’t the girls who accept things blindly. They are geeks and hence it must be absolutely true. I will get this for Kyra and she would be happy. The Lakme sun expert comes in an yellow bottle and yellow is Kyra’s favorite color. Now I know the perfect gift for Kyra for this summer.



I need to plan for the outdoor activities now. I can take her to the Elliots beach and she can play in the water with her friends. I would also drive her in my Santro to Mahaballipuram and see those wonderful sculptures. In the blazing Chennai heat, the sun screen can be her only savior. I would get loads of cool drinks which will prevent her from getting dehydrated. I would also take her to Pondichery, the city with wonderful French architecture. I need to make sure that she brings her friends along with her. She can play beach volleyball with them. She can have a lot of fun with her friends and stay in the sun for a longer period now. I also need to book a resort with a pool. She can stay in the pool all day long. If I can, I will make sure that Kyra who is crazy about beaches stays in the beach the whole day. But oops, I have a problem. I need to convince Kyra’s mother and let her accept my plans. She is a very strict teacher and may not encourage her daughter staying the sun the whole day. I hope that I can make her understand the power of sun experts in this modern world. I have to do this and make her accept that playing in the beach the whole day isn’t such a bad thing.

I hope I can do this, after all the husband is the best person to convince his wife and I will try to get this done for my teenage daughter Kyra.

This fictious entry is written for the Lakme sun expert contest held by Indiblogger.

PS : I image in the blog was clicked by me.

2 comments: